Monday, June 27, 2011

Dove

Polish - Zoya Dove

I've been wanting a nice true dove gray for a long time now. When Zoya had their promotion where you could get Dove and Caitlin with any online purchase, for their "French Twist" manicure, I snagged them both. I finally tried Dove this weekend. And, while it is a nice neutral gray, it falls a little flat for me. I think I'll be looking for China Glaze Pelican Gray. PG has a beautiful shimmer that makes it just a little more special that Dove, in my eyes at least.

Dove's application was pretty nice. It went on streaky with the first coat, which I find most Zoya polishes do, but after 2 more coats it's just about perfect. It's very self-leveling and that really helps this girl with the horribly uneven nail beds. Slap a coat of Seche Vite on top, and it's hard to see the imperfections.

Zoya Dove

Zoya Dove

Zoya Dove

If you enjoy Zoya polish and need a subtle gray cream, snatch this one up. It's a pretty shade, but I think I'll still be searching for my perfect gray.

Zoya Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment