Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Damsel in a Dress

Polish - Essie Damsel in a Dress

If you know me personally, you know that I don't have good luck with Essie polish.  Well, with Damsel in a Dress, I thought I'd finally found an Essie color that I didn't hate.  And I guess I still don't hate it, but after less than 24 hours of wear, I'm not loving it as much as I did when it was a fresh manicure.

By 7pm last night, I had five nails that were considerably chipped for a less than 24 hour old manicure.  I touched up those nails and applied a coat of Seche Vite and wrapped my tips, and woke up to chips on 2 of the "fixed" nails.  I'm disappointed.

The color in the bottle looks like it will be a browned burgundy, leaning toward purple, with a pretty shimmer.  After 3 coats for coverage, I ended up with a very vampy deep dark eggplant color, that looks like a brown cream when light isn't shining directly on it.  I wish some of the shimmer showed in regular light.

Direct sun
Damsel in a Dress

Damsel in a Dress

Indirect sun
Damsel in a Dress

I'm ready for a change tonight, and I can't decide if I'll keep this shade or not.  I'll probably end up giving it one more shot, maybe with a different base and top coat.

Damsel in a Dress

Damsel in a Dress

If you're looking for a nice dark vamp, and have good luck with Essie polish, give this one a go.  If you are wary of Essie like I am, skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment